Thursday, November 6, 2008

Held

Here is a beautiful song by Natalie Grant. (Thanks for the idea to post, Keri!) It makes me think of the our angels, Devin and Elizabeth...and usually cry (in a good way). The lyric "how it feels when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive" really gets me. That's exactly what happened when I lost Devin and Elizabeth - my beliefs were shattered and there were days I wondered how and if I would survive. Somehow, I did.


2 comments:

Michele said...

I'll never forget the first time I heard that song - I was a weeping mess!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I found your blog through Audrey Caroline's and Ihope it's alright to stop in and say "hi".
I too am the mother of 3 boys and 2 angels in heaven!
This song ALWAYS brings tears to my eyes, especially the exact same line you wrote about "...when the sacred are torn..."
Wishing you and your sweet boys all of Gods blessings.