I can't believe it's a new year! Seems like 2008 just started and now it's over!! I remember feeling a little of this when 2005 ended (the year Landon was born)...but time didn't seem to move quite as fast as it did this year. The start of a new year means the year Austin and Aiden were born is over and they are almost 1. How can that be? Landon will also turn 4 this year, which is just as hard to believe. I seem to have forgotten that he has been growing just as the twins have been - he's such a big boy!! But entering 2009 also means an anniversary...a 5 year anniversary. A hard one.
January 15, 2004...our precious Devin Lee and Elizabeth Ann were born. That same day, they went to Heaven. It was both one of the best and also THE worst day of my life. This isn't the first anniversary of their loss - there have been others to face, but for some reason it's been on my mind so much more. They have been on my mind. I don't know if it's being the "5th" anniversary, or watching the boys grow, especially the twins, or reading about other moms who have lost their babies and knowing their pain. I'm not sure, but it's here. I look back at what I was doing 5 years ago today...I had no idea how much my life would change forever. In both hard and also amazing ways.
More to share on this....thank you for reading.
2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that my neice and nephew are thought of often and are missed so much.
*Hugs*
we won't ever forget Devin and Elizabeth! I can't believe it's been 5 years. In some respects, it seems longer than that. Life sure has changed! Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment