It's been a good few weeks of recovery after my surgery. I'm feeling stronger and stronger each day. I am still waiting to find out specifics of my radiation treatments...I had my set up CT scan yesterday and just waiting to find out my start date and time. Once started it will be 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Nothing I can't handle!!!
Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks....
Dave and I went to a friend's birthday party and I had the boys take a picture of us. Each of them got to try and this was the least blurry one! Always good to have a photo with my honey!
One day before school I snapped this picture...these boys crack me up sometimes. Landon is looking so much older in this picture (I think it's the jeans - that kid rarely wears jeans unless we force him and I always think that makes him look older). Aiden always smiles for me - love that smile. And Austin - he was just fighting with me over having to wear his winter coat. I can see the attitude he was trying to hide - LOL. My boys!
Guess I take some blurry pictures, too - ha! The boys and I went to Muffins with Mom during the book fair at the twins school. It was a good morning with my boys! Side note - Aiden isn't actually reading a book in this picture - the other two were and when I said I wanted a picture Aiden said "give me a book so I can look like I'm reading" and as soon as I was done he gave it back. It was cute! I haven't been in their schools this year since I was still going through chemo and surgery earlier this fall, and I've missed it more than I thought. Landon is in a different building and they don't have as many parents come in, but I'm really looking forward to being in the twins classrooms a few times a month come the start of the year.
And the best news....referenced in the title of this post....MY HAIR IS GROWING!!!!! I sent this picture to my sister-in-law the other day after she asked how it was doing and I just had to share. It's a little darker (with a little more grey) than it usually is, but I don't care. I am just happy to see it coming back in!! Such a good sign of progress and healing. (I will share that I just told Dave last night that I have liked not having to deal with my hair more than I thought. Don't get me wrong - I cannot wait to have my hair really back and be able to brush it. I love brushing my hair...but it was actually nice to have a few months not to have to worry about it. Honest! Now keep growing back...don't stop now!!!)


1 comment:
Sounds like real progress! Good job, Julie! Love you! Love seeing pictures of the boys and see how much they are growing up. vivian
Post a Comment