Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Big Boy!


I'd like to use this blog as a few things, one being a type of "journal" for my boys and the things they do. That being said...I have to share our big news! Landon is now a big boy!!! That's right - he's figured out potty training and all on his own! I can't tell you the endless talks we've had about potty training in the past few...well, 9 to be exact...months. I swear Dave and I have pulled our hair out one too many times knowing Landon COULD do it he just WOULD NOT.

Well, all we needed to do was wait! A few weeks ago he started going on the potty at daycare, but not much at home. Then it started to be more at home. Now he's potty trained for peeing on the potty and gets annoyed when I ask if he needs to go...he can tell me when he's ready. I'm so proud.

Last night was even bigger (sorry - TMI coming)...he went #2 on the potty with little effort at all! I noticed he was acting like he needed to go so I asked if he wanted to try. Yes was the answer so we went. After telling me to stop looking at him (guess we all need our privacy), he called me back in to say he went. No tears, no struggle, no nothing - he just did it. I am even more proud than I was before.

He's been waking up with a dry pull-up after a long night, too. My little man...he did it all on his own! What a big boy!!!


No comments: