Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sick day

March was a crazy work month for me...and I prayed all month that the boys would be healthy so Dave wouldn't have to miss work when I was out of town. We got lucky...Aiden was the only one who got sick and luckily the worst of it hit on a day I was supposed to be home. I had already planned to keep them home with me that day because I had been gone so much - so it worked out well...other than Aiden being sick. This was a Friday (3/25). Aiden is usually our ear kid...not our respiratory kid (like Austin). He had once in 2009 when he had breathing treatments, but that was it. This time - the cough and rapid breathing hit him Thursday evening. We went in on Friday and yep - he needed an antibiotic, steroid and breathing treatments. I felt bad - he had been rapidly breathing all night in his sleep - poor guy! Luckily the treatments kicked in pretty quickly and he got to feeling better! No fever at all! Here is Aiden taking his treatment! Even though he was sick, once he had a treatment or two, he was ready to move. Even the doctor said he seemed healthier than he sounded! That afternoon we took some time to make brownies while waiting for Landon to get home from school. They are excited! Austin working hard...notice his tongue! Aiden's turn...notice his tongue! They concentrate in a similar way! Gotta have sprinkles! And more sprinkles! Then Aiden was worn out...I was so glad he fell asleep! As usual - he can sleep anywhere! Once Landon was home, Austin and Landon enjoyed a brownie! Thumbs up! While Aiden just kept sleeping!!!

No comments: