Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas in Sheridan

On Sunday, December 26th, we got together with Dave's family at his parent's house in Sheridan. It was a fun day of food, presents and playing with cousins. I told Allison after the fact that you can start to tell that the kids are all getting older...it was still loud and crazy at times with kids running everywhere, but not like it has been in the past. Maybe they were all tired...but I think part is they are getting older!

Here are a few...okay, a lot...of pictures from the fun!!!

Getting ready to open presents...they were all patiently waiting for there presents to be found and passed out!


Action shot...



Aiden starting to unwrap his gift!


Where's Austin? He's inside the bag, trying to get out something at the bottom!! Can you see his legs? Silly boy...


...but he got it! Two stampers!


Landon's turn - he was ready!


A new Transformer comforter for his bed. And checking out the sheets!


Justin with his two sided, spin around, lighted, talking Light Saber. I'm sure it had a cooler name than that, but now you know what all it does! :) The kids all wanted to play with this cool toy!


Austin checking out Blake's binoculars. We have binoculars at home and I am constantly telling them to turn them around. I don't think they understand they are supposed to see this bigger, not smaller! :)


Aiden's turn...


Austin...looking kind of tired...but happy!


Mommy and Landon


Grant with his Iron Man arm thing...he loves Iron Man!


Nate, Landon and Aiden playing.


Evan relaxing in the corner!


Makayla looking at her "lava" lamp.


Austin trying out Grant's Iron Man helmet.


See Austin's eyes?


Blake...eating Cool Ranch Doritos (a gift - he loves them) with no shirt on. Not sure why...


Makayla and Justin just relaxing.


Aiden being silly!


Makayla and Trent taking a break at the table...


Just some fun shots with the cousins...silly boys! Here are some of them...Grant, Evan, Brad, Blake and Aiden (with Justin in the back).




Makayla and Trent...the 6 year olds and best buddies!

Nate and Landon working on some projects!


Brad, Grant, Makayla and Landon


Another silly Aiden shot! I'm not kidding - if he thinks the camera is pointed at him, he will smile! And I just have to take his picture! :)


We try to get pictures of the 5 year olds together each year. They were all born in 2005 - and I cannot believe they are all 5 now! So darn cute! (From L to R - Grant, Brad, Nate, Landon)


And the mom's with their boys! That was a big year in our family! (From L to R: Allison and Brad, Debbie and Grant, Michelle and Nate, Me and Landon)


These last two pictures were from Monday, 12.27. In the cousin gift exchange, Landon got Legos from Trent. He loved them, but because there were so many toys and kids, we wouldn't let him do them on Sunday. That was torture! He was good about it and looked at the book, but he really, really wanted to put them together. We got home too late that night, so he knew he would put them together on Monday. Guess what time Landon was up on Monday? You guessed it - 6:00. I didn't say anything at first and went in to feed the cats before going downstairs. Usually Landon waits for me, but he didn't this time. When I got downstairs, he had the lights on and was holding the Legos box. Priceless!! I convinced him to wait a bit, but as soon as he was done with breakfast, he was on it! He put these together, again with very little help. I think the only time I helped him was when he put something in the wrong place and couldn't get it off! Way to go Landon...good job!


He still doesn't play with them much once put together, but he LOVES to put them together!

It was a great Christmas season!!!

No comments: