Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Austin! Happy Birthday Aiden!

Can you believe it? Austin and Aiden turned 3 on February 13th! I can't believe it - seems like the past 3 years, as busy as they have been, have just flown by! We had a great weekend celebrating their birthday! Here are some (okay, a lot) of pictures from their special day!

Good morning, boys! You can see Aiden was a little more ready to go, but Austin wasn't a fan of the bright flash! I know - it was early!


It was funny - the boys were acting like it was Christmas morning! They ran down the hallway to wake up daddy! You can see Dave was really ready to go - ha! I love the smiles on the boys faces!


Some shots from all the present opening at home!


Playing with some of the Mega Blocks they got! Landon was especially excited because they were Thomas!


Aiden was talking to Dave in this picture - trying to spell his name right with his name train!


He did it! :)


Big smiles from Austin!


I like this picture of the boys checking it out together!


A favorite picture of Austin! Love his big blue eyes!


This face...Aiden's sweet face. I can't remember what he was sad about...breaks my heart every time I see it - but I'm also glad I captured it, you know? Just for memory. Sweet boy.


Busy coloring with their color wonder books/markers. Landon has had his for a long time, and even got some for Christmas - so the twins were excited when they got their own!


And they also got their very own Nerf guns!!! If I can get a video to load, I have a cute one of them opening theirs. Here is Austin loading his up...

...And Aiden working hard!


Ready...Aim...Fire! :-)


When I came down from getting ready, Austin was riding Landon's old bike around the kitchen. We debated about getting bikes, but at this point Austin is the only one ready. Landon got this bike on his 3rd birthday.


Austin is such a good bike/tricycle rider!


All ready to party!


My babies! Happy Birthday Aiden! Happy birthday Austin!


My favorite picture...Heaven!


Austin was looking so old sitting in this chair!


Don't you agree?


Cracking up at Uncle Ryan!


More presents!!! So much fun! Thanks everyone!
Austin is very into basketball right now, so he was thrilled when he got a basketball from Coburn's and a jersey from Tusing's! He had to put it on right away!


And look...they got their very own Gator!!! Wow!!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Day!


Time for cake! (Austin's choice - yellow cake/chocolate frosting; Aiden's choice - Funfetti with white icing)

We sang to Austin first...Happy Birthday Austin! He was so serious through the song! And blew out all his candles!


Now Aiden's turn! He was so cute and had the sweetest look during the song. And he got all his candles, too!


Then it was time to head outside! Landon and Austin actually stayed inside for some reason...Austin because he didn't want to leave his Gator...but I can't remember why Landon stayed in. But the rest of the kids all headed outside for sled rides! There's a full Gator!


Makayla was the first one out so she got the first ride! I didn't get one of her face - I'm so sad - but here she goes! Fun!


After that I got in the back of the Gator to get pictures. Here is Grant - big smiles!


Up next...Trent! He almost fell off first thing because he was busy trying to hit someone with a snowball!


Trent leaning into the turn...


This has to be one of my all time favorite pictures!!! We're lucky Evan didn't get hurt...but here are our oldest nephews - Justin on the sled and Evan holding on behind - having a great time!!! You guys are going to give your Aunt Julie a heart attack! :-)


Here goes Blake...good job buddy!


Nate was next...big smiles!


Brad getting some tips from his dad (Ryan)!


Brad loved his ride!


Here goes Evan! If you look closely, you can see extra feet behind the sled! Justin held on for a while but I couldn't get him in the picture! Crazy kids!


Aiden took a solo ride, too, but Justin and Aiden went together. They were both wearing big smiles the whole time!


Then Aiden was ready to just walk and explore!


It's a little blurry...but Chad even took a ride!!! :)


After we came in, Aiden had to change into a new shirt and sit on the Gator. If you notice...Austin is kind of pouting in this picture. He's been obsessed with being the driver...and I'm not kidding, about 10 seconds after Aiden sat down, Austin tells me "he's been on there a long time!" Ha!


A little while later, Landon and Austin were ready to go out and Aiden went back out, too! Here goes Austin on the sled!


Then Landon and Aiden took a ride together!


After a fun day and weekend, it was time for a story before bed. Landon looks like he's ready to go...but I think they were all sound asleep within minutes!


A big bed time birthday smile from Aiden! Love you, Aiden!


A big birthday smile from Austin at bedtime! Love you, Austin!


And our big boys was all smiles, too! Thanks for being a great big brother, Landon! Love you!

2 comments:

Dorrie said...

Love seeing the pictures that tell the 'story' of their special day! ;o) Looks like it was wonderful!

Debbie said...

Great pictures! Wish I was there. Looks like a fun day. I still can't get over how they just don't look anything alike! Sweet boys:-)