Dave and I thought these two would be faster than Landon but we were wrong. You can't force them to potty train - that is one thing we've learned for sure!!! We have to have them potty trained by mid-August when they start daycare again, but all last year they were in the "potty training room" and we thought they would progress.
Finally at the end of the year, Austin started making some major progress and even ended the last few weeks in underwear! We were so proud! He got through all his stickers at home and got to go to Target with me and pick out a toy. He picked a multi-car pack of Cars vehicles and loved it. I didn't get a picture - bad mom! In the recent days he's taken some back steps, but we are still making major progress and he is dry each night! All night! Way to go, Austin! You are doing it!
Aiden was much slower. Actually, in February he acted interested, but that was short lived. At the start of summer break he was determined NOT to go potty on the potty and we were getting frustrated. I tried being patient - but I'm not good when it comes to patience and potty training. I will admit it! But - we had a week where the pressure was off - Dave was in class, I was working at home and their Grandma Easterday was there helping! I think that helped Aiden - no pressure. I brought home candy one day as an incentive and after that - Aiden was ready! On Friday, June 17th he wanted to try and he's been in underwear ever since!!! In that one day he finished up his stickers and got to go to Target with me the next day. We were SO proud!
Here is Aiden eating breakfast that Saturday - his favorite - cinnamon rolls!
And after - playing with his big Bumblebee Transformer! His brothers were so jealous!
No comments:
Post a Comment