Thursday, November 10, 2011

Star of the week - Aiden

The daycare where the boys go to school has always done a "Star of the Week." I can't remember if I've posted about them before, but they are fun for the kids. Landon always enjoyed them - and each year it was something a little different for the kids. Sometimes it's been a poster board about them, a book, pictures, a box of favorite things.

This week Aiden is Star of the Week! We printed a bunch of pictures for him to take in and hang up, showing things he likes to play, his family, his brothers, things like that. And then he got to decorate a shoe box with stickers and markers, and put some of his toys inside.

Here he is on Sunday, all excited to decorate his box! Love his little smile!


This was the "mom, if I smile will you PLEASE stop taking my picture so I can decorate my box" look! Ha ha! He was all set up - stickers, check! Markers, check!


Finished product - good job, Aiden!




Some of the things he decided to put inside. Dave and I were laughing because of some of the "stuff" he wanted to put in there. It's hard to explain to a 3 year old that it's not about any random toy...but he was excited to just pick stuff to show his friends!

Big cheesy smile for me on Monday morning - my Star of the Week was ready to go!


He's so excited because tomorrow (Friday, 11/11), Grandma and Grandpa Easterday are coming to have lunch with him (and of course, Austin, too!). When I asked him who he wanted as his visitor, he said "Grandma with the rabbit and Grandpa, too!" So cute! Grandma will not be bringing the rabbit, but she will have a picture all ready to go! He's so excited!




When I was doing his pictures, I decided to ask him a few of his "favorite things" to include with the pictures. Here are his answers:

Favorite Color - Silver

Favorite Food - Carrots

Favorite Ice Cream - Strawberry

Favorite Fruit - Strawberries

Favorite Stuffed Animal - Duckie

Favorite Activity - Sing songs in my bed

Favorite Game - Lego Train on the computer



A few of them surprised me but it's always cute to hear what they will say when asked a direct question! So proud of my little Star of the Week!



Next week - Austin's turn to be Star of the Week!

No comments: