Sunday, December 16, 2012

More Elf Fun

We've been having more fun with our Elf, Jayden.  I actually find it pretty interesting that they boys don't really question if he is actually magic...I mean, the twins are young enough still that they believe what they read or what the movie about it says.  But with Landon being 7 and a half, I keep waiting for more questions - but so far, he seems like he is pretty surprised at it all, too!  Which is fine by me...they are only little for so long!

One night, Jayden made a stop in Landon's room and decided to hang out with some Lego buddies.  Austin said that it looked like Jayden was playing Santa since he had a ninja on his lap.  The night that he was in Landon's room - at bedtime, they were all saying good night and Landon says "I want Jayden to take my Christmas list to Santa" so all the boys quickly got their lists and handed them to Jayden. 

The next morning, they found Jayden had moved downstairs and had a note with him. 

Here is what it said...(and it was NOT easy trying to disguise my handwriting - I leave the boys lots of little notes, so I thought one would ask, but nope!  They thought it was from Jayden)... 

Then we had a crisis!  For anyone who knows how these Elves work - you are not supposed to touch them at all or they will lose their magic.  This is serious business!  Well, when Austin went to grab the note to see what it said, it brushed Jayden and made him fall.  The look on Austin's face - the tears were almost flowing before I could reassure him that HE didn't actually touch him, so not to worry - Jayden still had his magic! 

Poor Jayden looked so lonely on the floor, but luckily Austin was relieved after I told him it was just the paper and I was sure Jayden would move back to his spot after we all left for the day (and he did - WINK)...so all was right with the world! 

Then Jayden ended up in the China cabinet.  Can you see him?  It took the boys just a little longer to find it, although not as long as you would think!  They were impressed he could open the door and fly in!  Silly little elf!  ;-)

(Dave and I trying to get a little more creative this year with the Elf, so I wonder where he will end up next???  Stay tuned...)

No comments: