Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's have some Christmas fun!!

December 23rd - we were all home, ready to get started for the Christmas holiday! And finally - after over 2 weeks of fevers that would not go away - 2 Christmas get togethers missed and multiple days of school for the twins - everyone was actually fairly healthy! So that was nice!

We kept busy that day - starting with making some sugar cookies! YUM!! They were very helpful cutting the cookies out, but I don't have any pictures of that. Now the fun stuff - decorating them! Boy, do these boys love to go through the sprinkles! Wow!




Landon working hard on his snowflake!



Aiden was focused in on his snowflake!



Austin being creative...and Aiden had to check out how he was doing things!



Fun times!



Just a sample of their work - how cute! And tasty!



Time to take a taste - YUM!



Later in the day we moved on to Gingerbread houses. In previous years we've done a Gingerbread Train - but this year I found a kit that included 5 mini houses. I thought it would be fun to each have one of our own. It wasn't too bad - although I think the boys missed the train! But we still had a good time!



Time to decorate!












All done! :)






Some random play time - Christmas is getting closer!!!




Grandma Easterday dropped off some fun things for them - they immediately wanted to color their pictures that were left. They each got a different picture with 5 markers each - they thought that was pretty cool! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!



Landon and his beautiful Christmas tree!



Aiden with his cute Snowman. He colored his more throughout Christmas!



And Austin did a great job on his Snowflake! Very colorful!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

So glad they were feeling better days before Christmas so they could enjoy those fun things as well as Christmas morning. I just realized that I don't have pictures of our baking day!