Monday, January 9, 2012

What do you think?

S0 - on Saturday, December 17th the boys were sitting at the table eating lunch when all of a sudden, Landon says "there's something out there!" Being in the country, that could be anything - from a dog, to a deer, to our neighbor farmer in the field behind our house. At first glance, we thought it was a dog but Dave went out to get some pictures and, well, we're thinking maybe coyote?? It was far enough away it was hard to get a good shot - but take a look - what do you think?

After it took a drink from the water, it kind of hung around in the middle of the field behind us - and then a second one ran to it and they played around a bit and ran off.






For comparison...here is a picture I pulled off the web....I just am not sure. I will note that in reading the website where I pulled this picture (source) it mentions they look a lot like German Shepards, which was my first comment when I saw it! I'm just sayin...

Source

One last note on wild animals - when the boys and I were coming back from the ear doctor in Carmel, I saw a small fox trying to cross the road between two subdivisions. For those of you familiar with the area, it was on Hazel Dell, just south of 146th Street. Country fields around but where the fox was - right in the heart of houses and a school. Crazy!

No comments: