Thursday, September 8, 2011

Red!

Friday, September 2nd was a day to wear red at both Landon's school and for the twins class. Then for Dave it ended up being "wear a college shirt" day and he realized he didn't have a good one for Ball State - but he had this red shirt. So all 4 boys ended up wearing red, so I had to get some pictures! I included all of them because it's funny to me to see all the faces the boys make when I ask them to just smile for a picture!










Then, that evening we headed over to a friend's house for dinner and fun. They live in Cicero on Morse and have 3 boys - twins that are Landon's age (one was in Landon's kindergarten class) and a 4 year old, so the ages are perfect! They have a boat and took us out on a ride - the boys very first boat ride!!! Luckily they put the life jackets on in the house - Austin was following the big boys and even though Dave told him not to jump - he tried jumping on the boat all by himself. His life jacket bounced off the boat and he went flying back into the water. It was more shallow, but it was lucky he didn't hit anything on his way down. Definitely scary and he was more embarrassed than anything...but wow - quick lesson on safety around boats for sure!


Here the boys are with Dave, all ready to go! I didn't have my camera but did have my phone - thankfully!



Ted was great and let the boys take turns driving! Austin was SO excited, as you can imagine!





Aiden thought he was big stuff, too!





Landon had fun - he kept giggling! :)



Nick, their 4 year old, had to make sure I had a picture of him on my phone! Cute! :) (Notice Austin in the background looking over the side - they thought they were big stuff to walking around on the boat, and stand at the doors looking over! Dave and I were a bit nervous, but they all did a great job!)




All 6 boys were so excited that they got to eat the fruit salad I had brought on the boat - a special treat! It was a great evening!

No comments: